Tuesday 11 December 2012

Day 20: Two great minds meet

So remember I said I was going to see my friend the other day, well instead of going alone, I took Sarah with me to meet my friend. We met in the town center closest to us, and things got a bit.... tense, telling you would be easier you're gunna learn a few things about me.

Steve: Hey Pete, how's things going with you?
P: Good, this is the Sarah I've been telling you about.
ST: Nice to meet you at last, I've a great many things about you.
S: Nothing good I hope.
ST: Only the worst.
He winks at her and they share a laugh.
ST: So what do you lot wanna do, we've got a few hours to kill before Pete needs to get home to mummy.
P: Well you know she gets dreadfully worried if her little boy isn't back by 9, thinks I'll be lead a stray by strange women.
S: Ohhhh, you're so funny.
 I stuck my tongue out at her, and she mimicked until Steve chose to do one of his famous burps, signalling the end of our touching moment.
P: Come on we better get him to a pub before he starts his rendition of jingle bells in Chicken korma.

We went to the moon under the water, cheap beer for cheap people, after a while Steve takes the piss out of how I was dressed.
ST: So has your mammy started to pick your clothes out for you these day Pete?
P: Funny you should say that, because your mum bought them for me after my work last night.
ST: Oh really? Does Sarah know about this.
S: I was the one that supplied the ropes.
ST: I like her, she sort of remind me of Terry.
P: Nah Terry was much more.... civil when it came to banter, you know he sued to call me a invalid because I nicked his shoe once during PE.
ST: Yeah.... Terry was great.
S: I'm sorry but, who's Terry?
P: He was one of our mates from secondary school.
S: Why, isn't he your friend anymore.
P: Well, that's the thing Terry sort of......
ST: Died, he died Pete, it was years ago, we can't change it so we have to accept it.
P: Yeah he's dead.
S: What?! How did he die?
P: He.... killed himself.
ST: What are you talking about, he was murdered, you know that Terry wasn't someone to top himself.
P: Don't you remember how he was before it happened, he wasn't in the best shape, I still don't know
what set him off.
ST: Nothing set him off he was murdered.
S: What how do you know that, did the police say so.
P: No they take my line, but the right Honorable representative from denial seems to think it was suspect, apparently because he had scratched his ears out, stuffed cotton wool in them. Then he... was found laying in his bath with a bag over his head under the water.
S: That does sound sever, why would anyone do that to themselves.
ST: Exactly, exactly, the police know who did it, it was probably one of the spies the governments protecting.
P: NO Terry was loopy, had a nut loose, he killed himself, Just leave it at That!

The conversation got a bit dire after that, Steve kept making little remarks about it, and I was trying to keep the ticking in my head from giving me a migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment