Monday 17 December 2012

Day 25: Ghosts and Monsters

It seems Steve had another dream last night, this time he said he saw a door in his room that shouldn't be there, he said it looked like the one that was always locked in my room. He said it made him feel really nervous, like if he went through he wouldn't come back, that he'd be lost forever, he was dragged towards it regardless. The only reason he didn't go through was because he heard the ticking in this dream as well, it snapped him out of it he went to his bathroom and locked himself inside. The funny thing is he said it was a dream but his flatmate actually found him in the bathroom curled up inside the bath. It must have been a dream however, how can a door just randomly appear out of nowhere.

I've also gone to see if Sarah has had anymore weird dreams, she just said that it was the same as last time a man sitting in her computer chair, one that looked like he was a zombie basically, the smell of rotting leaves and the forest hanging in the air, that ticking that seemed to be coming from him. She feels afraid to go to sleep these days, afraid the man's real and one day he'll do more than just watch, one day he may do something much worse. There was also proof apparently, there was a note surrounded by a few leaves that read "he sees you when you're sleeping, even if you don't see him", she's put this down to one of her family, who she still refuses to let me see, she apparently told one of her cousins so they may have pulled the prank.

However as she said this she froze and looked behind me, I turned and saw a man that matched the description Sarah had given. I ran to him, he was looking at us, the bastard was real and he was a threat to Sarah, I ran I always kept him in sight, but I turned one corner just after him he was gone. I ran down the end thinking he must have turned off a side road or something before I got there, I got to the end of the road though, he wasn't anywhere, no side roads, just terrace houses either side. I turned back confused, how could I have lost him, well I didn't lose him long he was right in front of me when I turned around. I smelt the forest on him, and I swear I could hear a faint ticking from him. He didn't move, talk just looked at me, I was about to peg it back to safety, he wouldn't do anything in public, would he. He said something, 'she looks like her, that one, of course, it was always going to be this way', I was shit scared but I wasn't going to annoy the guy with a knife, 'l..like who?', he looked at me like he just remembered I was there 'my wife.... I had a wife.... I think'. I took strength in this, ' hmmm, why do you want Sarah', he got more confused here 'Her name isn't Sarah, no it can't be, it was kitty, or caterina....... I think'. I thought he was a random mental person if I could get him to a nut house we'd be safe, 'look mate, I think I can get you to a hospital if you've lost your memory, they're probably looking for wondering where you've got to'. He laughed at me, very disconcerting, ' I am no more mad than you..... well that might be a lie, but I know this is real, I know that the conductor is after you, I know *He pulls out a pocket watch form his coat pocket* yes he's coming for you, and you can't stop him, but my time here is done, so many things so little time, tick tick tick'. That last part unnerved me the most, the tick was in time with that I was hearing. I blinked he was gone I haven't told Sarah yet, when she reads this she'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment