Saturday 26 January 2013

Day 63: The doctor is in

The title may give this away but it doesn't involve only that element of the world of which I am now a resident. This day actually started with Fade appearing out of nowhere like he usually does after long absences, and telling me to wake up, not really showing any care if I did or didn't. You see Fade generally just leaves me alone most of the time whilst he..... 'works', this time when he appeared we went to do training, fighting training, now I didn't have many fights whilst I was in primary school, or secondary school for that fact, I mostly hung out in the woods behind and slunk off to do other more, interesting things. Fade somehow did not deem this suitable for my current situation, with his only indication we were starting being throwing a fist at my face, I ducked just in time, or so I thought I felt my neck being dragged upwards and an arm compressing my airways, and a thin line of cold just below that. You're dead, was what he said and continued to come at me, I think, THINK don't hit me daddy, I got a hit on him but it didn't seem to affect him, and he just planted me on my arse, again -_-. He taught me how to jab, do a right and left cross, throw a decent right hook, he still beat my arse all the way to the end of the day though.

F: Well, you got better as we went on. I think you deserve an Ice cream.
P: Ice cream? You're training me to kill people and we're getting Ice cream?
F: Yes, is that odd?
P: No, no, no, people are usually more somber or serious when it's a matter of life or death.
F: Someone else's, not your's, do you want Ice cream or not, if you continue to be a whiny child you won't get any.
P: Besides the point it's Fucking Freezing 'cause of the snow, how can you do something as normal as get ice cream when you're being chased by these... Things..
F: Fears.
P: These Fears, who can just pick you up and kill you anytime they like.
F: I swear you were much more laid back about this a few days ago, the Fears aren't as omnipotent as you seem to believe, true they are powerful embodiments of what we fear most, but that is where their main power comes from. Servants die because they fear their masters. One second. *he vanishes coming back kicking up some snow as he does so, with an Ice cream* They alter their lives and mannerisms to please them, out of fear, so when they do eventually displease them the servant is already doomed.
P: Well we weren't doing something as normal as Ice cream then, why aren't you more cautious?
F: Why? They've tried to kill me many times, yet here I still am, I still can't remember my previous life, or lives, all I have is knowledge. I don't know if the man I was before liked chocolate Ice cream *lifting the ice cream to indicate*, or preferred mint. I don't know if he was kind or cruel, all I know is that I, am alive and that I won't be worrying about being plucked out just yet.
P: What about other people?
F: Other people aren't me, if it suits me to kill them I will.
P: It would have suited you to kill Sarah, why didn't you?
F: You asked me not to, my life would not be enriched nor diminished by killing her, it's not like she has a chance to kill me, what can she do that the fears can't?
P: I guess so... just one more question..
F: Ok, what?
P: Who's he?

*Fade turns to look where I'm pointing, but the disinterested look on his face remains the same*

F: He... is the plague Doctor, now mind your manners and don't speak unless spoken to, understood?
P: Yes.
F: Good boy, have a cookie.
* Hand me a chocolate cookie from his pocket*

We walk over and Fade starts talking, having a one sided discussion with a silent person.

F: Hello Doc, seems I forgot my apple today. *HE said with a cocky grin*
F: Oh is that so, unfortunately if you talk to Slender wits I'm not letting this one go.
F: Ohhhh, no need for that language, I didn't even know you could swear like that, I feel dirty.
F: You want me to be serious, oh Doc you know I can't be that way, you lot made sure of that a long time ago.
F: Killing me? Yeah that might work, you could all have a go at the same time, that's if you could stand each others presence for longer than 2 minutes.
F: Why do you want him for that anyway, he's just a normal human nothing special, he'll probably end up like all the others.
F: Which one's? The Dead ones of course, he's not your's he's mine, I laid claim on him months ago, or do you wanna talk to your 'little' brother about it?
F: You can have him when I'm done with him, don't worry when the plans done you can have him, I thought that was common knowledge?
P: Don't I get a say in this, I'm assuming you're talking about my life.

*Fade grabs me by the throat and lifts me up so that my toes are barely touching the floor, his eyes were fierce and cold*
F: I said be quiet didn't I?
P: Sorry.... I forgot.
*He squeezed harder*
F: Sorry?
*I nod and he lets go*
F: Well he's gone now anyway, sorry I had to do that Doctors orders *He said, all traces of murder gone from his face*
P: SO that ice cream yeah?
F: I knew you'd want one.
He said taking the last bite of his own, smiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment