Friday 26 April 2013

As the Muse Fades the darkness returns

It seems Malice is deciding to stay, apparently he made a promise to Fade before he did what he did, I guess Malice isn't that bad, if you don't think too much about the sadistic mutilation he may put you through. The decision has also been made that we can't let out Siran, apparently she is dangerous even by Malice's reckoning, we can't let her free if we let her free we give her a way to poison an entire city, if we let her go everyone dies. Malice said that it's all Fade's fault aswell, he coaxed just enough of her original self out, enough..... imagination, to make her the deadliest camper in the country. Because where EAT can mimic human speech, and thought.... the imagination is impossible to recreate, you need to be born with it, you need to have a soul, so that's why we can't let her free.

I sometimes drop in to her room when she's sleeping, she doesn't really seem to breath, yes her chest goes up and down but there's no sound or apparent life. She doesn't seem sad, or particularly unhappy with things, to be honest it's almost like she wants to be here, locked in with Malice and I, probably her last two jailers. She hasn't tried anything to escape,  she hasn't even tried to 'turn' me like she did the first time, so it is unsettling, she's planning something I know it.

After the Siran matter was discussed I asked Malice a question;

P: Were you an actual doctor once?
M: Yes, long time ago.
P: What did you specify in?
M: Well, the workings of the humans most inner demons, if I want to sound pretentious, though it was just basic shrink work. Why you ask little ticker?
P: Well..... ever since I've been involved with these... things, I've been having nightmares on and off, they stopped when I joined Fade but, they seemed to have started again. I don't know whether they're real or not, I just want to know if I'm going insane.
M: Yes.
P: What?
M: You are going insane, it's the only way to survive in this world, the dreams themselves are probably just a side effect. What is actually in these dreams?
P: Well when it started it mainly revolved around someone ticking coming from a closet door in my bedroom, which progressed to seeing a man made of gears and clockwork, it even had little minions that scared the shit out of me. My girlfriend, at the time, even saw Fade, and my, um..... best friend saw a dead person before he was taken.
M: What happened to your friend after being taken?
P: HE was killed.
M: By who?
P: Well, you know how this world is better than I do.
M: I do, so sorry.
P: For what?
M: That you had to kill your friend. But I don't think you're done with the dream, go on.
P: This drove me mad, the ticking was never ending, until I finally crow barred open the door and found nothing but an old grandfather clock, now it wasn't working all it had was a note on it. That's when Fade picked me up and forced me to work for him.
M: No he didn't.
P: I think you'll find he did.
M: No he didn't the Muse may be many thing but he doesn't force anyone to do anything, it's not the type of person he is, he merely..... brought the psycho out of you.
P: He did force me, he would have let my brother fall to his death if I didn't say yes.
M: Did you actually see him throw your brother of the roof or high place?
P: .... NO.
M: Then all Fade did was take him back here, Fade doesn't hurt true innocents.
P: He made me Kill my friend.....
M: Did he threaten to kill you, maim you, or other cause harm to your general being or that of your family?
P: No.
M: You seem to have blamed Fade for everything, when all he did was give you a choice, you made the choices, since Fade's known you he has always respected your decisions as long as they kept you alive. But yes the dream go on.
P: Bu...
M: The Dreams.
P: Later, when I had been kicked out since Siran had been brought in and dangerous, I had a dream Fade and this same Ticking man was having a discussion about me, and after that he came and offered me a choice.
M: What was it?
P: I don't know it ended as Fade kicked me awake, I've started having them again though now.... and he always gets a little closer to telling me my choices.
M: Well, if you were to ask me it just sounds like your mind trying to cope with the massive change going on in your life, it's just a case of Bad cheese as I say.
*Malice gets up to leave*
P: But what about the ticking thing in it, the one Fade seems to believe is real?
M: *He turns to look at me wearily* There is no Fear like that, Fade believed a lot of things, some of them not true, also you have to remember the can Muse lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment